26 February, 2007

An Uneventful Morning

We got another snow storm yesterday, and of course this are went into mass hysteria. It turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. Some schools were calling for two hour delays as early as last night. I went out around 1930 last night to run to the local convience store for a sugar fix for the wife and kiddies, and the roads were wet and slushy but otherwise driveable.

This morning was much better as the crews had worked most of the night to get the roads clear and passable. I think it helped that last night the tempatures stayed above or at freezing so none of the stuff turned to ice. I took the train into the city this morning, not because of the weather but because I am meeting my aunt for dinner after work.

So once again, the forecasters got everyone all worked up, and it turned out to be a dude.

--gfo

No comments: