16 February, 2007

F-Bomb Movie Analysis

In a day or so I will be getting the movie The Departed on DVD in the mail. We saw it in the movies when it was out and we both thought it was great. As should be expected the F word was used a whole bunch in this movie. I did a little bit of research and it was said 237 times in the movie. The movie is 152 minutes long, so the averages out to 1.6 f-bombs per minute.

I looked at a couple of other movies that I know had a lot of F-bombs in them , (Scarface and Goodfellas) and did an analysis of them as well. Here is what I found:


GOODFELLAS
246 F-Bombs, 145 minutes, 1.7 F-bombs per minute
SCARFACE
207 F-Bombs, 170 minutes, 1.2 F-bombs per minute.
As you can see on a per minute basis and total usage basis Goodfellas takes the cake. All three of these movies are great. I need to add Goodfellas and Scarface to my DVD collection not only because they are good movies, but they are good guy movies.
Sometimes its just what the doctor ordered
--gfo

No comments: