20 February, 2007

I Got Screwed

Well, I got one in my tire. When I got home tonight, and turned the car off, I heard a hissing sound coming from the rear of the car. Took a few seconds but a found a screw about one inch long embedded in the tire. I actually needed pliers to get it out, actually loosening like I would if was in a piece of wood or metal. I got the jack out, propped up the car, and pulled the donut tire out. It took some brute strength to get the lug nuts off, but I was successful. I got the old tire off, put the donut on and decided to take up to the store

I went up to Pep Boys with the tire, to see if they could plug the hole. They said that the screw went too deep into the tire to fix the tire, and they suggested that I buy a new one. Since its been awhile since I got tires, I decided to buy a whole set. The bill will be over 200 bucks. They were a little backed up, so I called the Mrs to pick me up. As I type, the car is still there, it should be ready within the hour.

It will be money well spent, but the timing kinda sucks

--gfo

No comments: