27 February, 2007

Cappy and His Cogitation's

I'd thought I'd post an entry about why I am called Cappy, the significance of gocappy, and how I came up with Cappy's Cogitation's. Here you go:

Cappy is a nickname I picked up about five years ago, when I was the team Captain of a online running contest, a few of the team members started calling me Cappy for short and the nickname stuck. I use Cappy or variations (cappygreg, cappy6468) of it on message boards or sites that require a login other than an email address.
gocappy, is a play on my initials (save for the F) and Cappy, I mostly use gocappy now for things unless that is taken then I use gocappy68 (year of my birth).
Cappy's Cogitation's. I came up with Cogitation's when I created this blog, I wanted something catchy that began with the letter C, and was a synonym for thoughts. I grabbed my handy dandy Thesaurus that I keep nearby in the office and found the word, Cogitation. In Dictionary.com Cogitations are; concerted thoughts, the faculty of thinking, carefully considered thoughts. I thought that complemented Cappy well, so I went with it. Since I really don't have a real political agenda and what I post is really what I am thinking at the time, or what's going on in my own little world, I wanted something unique.
So there you have it, in case anyone was wondering, now you know.
--gfo

No comments: