22 February, 2007

Prince Harry to Iraq


I heard on the news earlier today, that Prince Harry is being deployed to Iraq as part of a normal troop rotation for the British Army. Harry hold the equivalent rank of 2nd lieutenant, and according to published reports will lead troops in a normal commander's role.
Harry graduated last April from Sandhurst, the British equivalent to the US's West Point, and has been eager to see front line action, going as far as saying,

There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country.

Got to admire his willingness to go to war. I am sure that although he is a member of the Royal family that he will perform his duties with the highest hono(u)r that past members of the Royal family have.

Good luck Harry, and the boys from the Blues and Royals Regiment.

--gfo

No comments: