02 February, 2007

My Life So Far

I was thinking about what has happened during my 38½ years on this planet. Its amazing what I have seen, done, and accomplished during my short tenure on this earth.


Various World Events and technology advances since 1968
  • Men landed on the moon
  • Nixon resigned as President
  • The Russians and US boycotted each others Olympics
  • 9/11
  • Viet Nam war ended
  • Persian Gulf War
  • Iraq War
  • Clinton impeached
  • Soviet Union Collapsed
  • The Internet/Email
  • CD's/DVD
  • Cell Phones
  • Disposable diapers
  • Tang
  • Remote Control's

Personal achievements (in no particular order)

  • Graduated High School and College
  • Ran a marathon
  • Married the most beautiful woman in the world
  • Had two children
  • Done CPR five times
  • Served the community as a volunteer firefighter/EMS

Things I would like to see before I leave this world

  • Eagles win a Super Bowl
  • A strong third political party, (sometimes none of the above is just too tempting a choice)
  • A cure for all forms of cancer
  • The children graduate, marry and have families of their own
  • Live a long happy life, with my beautiful bride
  • Be healthy enough to ride a century
  • Visit Pearl Harbor, and Normandy
  • Purchase a Mustang (okay this ones a fantasy but could be doable)
Of all the things I have seen and done, getting married and having children has been the greatest experience of my life. They bring me the greatest joy, I am thankful everyday for their love, and each and every day I thank God for his blessing he has bestowed on me and my family.

-gfo

1 comment:

J.J. Cash said...

Your wish for a thrid party may come through sooner than you think. :)

Your blog came up on my my "google alerts" scan for "third political party".

There is a group of us working on a project to base a party in Silicon Valley. If you're interested in getting an update you can email me and we'll add you to our site-launch announcement list.


JJ
jonahcash@gmail.com