14 February, 2007

Let It Snow *The Drive*

Well I am in the office, and last night's snow, turned into sleet, and earlier this morning freezing rain. Since my car is parked in the garage at home, it was a matter of just opening the garage, starting to car and going on my way. Usually when the weather is expected to be bad like this I back my car into the garage, so its a little easier to get out when I open it up.

The side streets by my house were snow/ice covered but drivable. Once I got onto the main roads, they at least salted, and partially plowed. I made my normal Dunkin Donuts and continued my commute in. I decided that take the main road (highway) into the office just because the roads would be heavier traveled and at least salted/plowed. Most of the time in the mornings I take back roads in through the city because its quicker and less of a distance, but knowing the efficiency of the Philadelphia Department of Streets, I knew that driving through the city would be a bad idea. So I took the roads that the State was responsible for, and just took my time, was in no rush to get here.

It was a slow ride in, but I made it in with no problems or issues, and actually got to the office about five minutes later than I would have on a normal day. There was considerably less traffic than normal, most people are probably taking the day off, or coming in later.

The Mrs and the kids have off as well, a good idea, since it is very slick out.

Hopefully the ride home will be as uneventful as the ride in, and my car is parked in a garage here too.

--gfo

No comments: