27 February, 2007

An Eventful Evening

Last night after I got home from work, I decided to get dinner started since I was the first one home. I pulled a London Broil out of the fridge threw it in the microwave to defrost it a little bit and pre-heated the oven so I could start the fries.

While the steak was defrosting, I reached up into the top shelf of the cabinent to grab a pan to marinate the steak. At this point, is when my trouble started. The dish I wanted was on the bottom , it had another glass bowl inside of it. I tried to move it delicately but all of the sudden the bowl that I didn't want came crashing down and hit me square above the left eye right at the eyelash level. I thought nothing of it, (full disclosure the f-bomb was dropped at the time of impact), I grabbed my head and felt some blood. I went into the bathroom and saw that I had a good size gash on my head, but surprised at the lack of blood, despite the size of the wound.

My Mrs came out into the kitchen, after my daughter reported that my head was bleeding, to find your's truly holding a towel to his head, and marinating the steak. She took a look at my head, and thought it might need a few stitches so we went to the hospital to have it looked at it. Before we went to the hospital, we finished marinating the steak and put in the fridge for use later on.

After sitting in the waiting room for about 45 minutes, the triage nurse finally called me, and I was registered. About five minutes later, I was called back by the nurse, and was fast tracked because this was a minor injury.

The doctor came in and saw me, and after taking a look at the wound, he didn't think he needed stitches, he thought some of the glue might work, but after cleaning the wound out, he decided that steri-strips would work better. He put four of them on, and we were on my way. Total time in the ER was about an hour and a half.

We picked the kids up at my brothers house, returned home, and put the steak in the oven, and had our steak dinner was by the way was very good, as it had marinated for a good two hours.

--gfo

1 comment:

Kaira said...

Nice post.