17 June, 2007

Thoughts On Father's Day

Today marks my 12th Father's Day. I got to sleep in until noon, and I had a nice breakfast (French Toast, Pancakes, Sausage, and Bacon). I got the cards, and my present was tickets to the Phillie's and Reds game on June 26th.

I have always said that parenting is one the few things you can only learn by actually doing it, ergo, on the job training. Everyday is something different and as they get older things tend to get more complicated, but its nice to see your children grow up and become independent, yet still dependent on us as parents.

Parenting is a team effort, and its a shame that so many children grow up without or with little presence of their father in their lives. Having both parents around or involved with the children is so important, as having both parents around especially a dad, is very important.

I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Sure, we have our moments, and but heads time to time, but overall I am blessed to have two beautiful children, and a beautiful wife.

Most importantly I'm not only a father but a dad.

--gfo

No comments: