19 June, 2007

Not Too Complain to loudly

but, last night my son had a scrimmage game with one of the tournament teams they are going to play this week. Usually one of the parents umpires. Last night, the guy was calling balls and strikes from behind the pitchers...50 feet away from the plate. Needless to say his calls were consistent meaning most if not all of his balls and strikes he called sucked. My boy struck out looking twice last night, and one of the called strikes was at his head. My son is one to complain, but he came up to me after the second call out, and said that was at his head, and I agreed with him.

Even some of the other parents were complaining about the inconsistency. Which generally does not happen.

I understand this guy was just filling in and the game was a practice game, but I hope for the tournaments sake that this guy does not umpire, and that they at least have some real umpires.

--gfo

No comments: