02 January, 2007

Score One For The Good Guy's

Yesterday a suspect was arrested, without incident, in the shooting of Glenolden Borough Police Officer, Matthew Illich. The shooting occurred in Norwood, PA, early yesterday morning, which is about two miles from where I live. I also have a cousin who is a police officer in the borough of Norwood, who was not working at the time.

I have a special place in my heart for police officer's as I worked as a police dispatcher for many years, and worked with so many fine officers during my Fire/EMS years. Since this occurred so close to my home and could have been a member of my family, we were very concerned.

I also have a deep angst against people who shoot at cop's. Hopefully this guy is tried, convicted, and put away for a long time, as he deserves it. People like these are truly a menace to society, and should face severe consequences.

Officer Illich is recovering from his wound, and is expected to make a full recovery.


--gfo

No comments: