09 January, 2007

Healthcare and Insurance Companies

So for the last two months, I have been trying to get a CAT scan scheduled. The doctors are playing phone tag with the insurance companies and each other...(side note the CT scan I need is a very unique one), and here it is two months later, and I still haven't been able to schedule the test.

I call to schedule the appointment and the CT they say I need a pre-cert number, the insurance company says, I don't need one, the CT department says I do, and the cycle repeats. In the last 15 minutes, I have made five phone calls, and have gotten no where.

This is amazing, the United States is so advanced with our medical systems, treatments, and hospitals, yet getting things done is practically impossible, due to the assclowns at the insurance companies. I feel bad for the doctors who want to get test done, and have to beg, borrow, and steal to get things approved. In the end, its the patients who end up getting screwed in the long run, and the doctor's and their staff spend countless hours trying to justify why they need certain tests done, while the insurance companies throw up roadblocks. The doctor's should be doing what they are/were trained to do, patient care.

Sometimes I think that the insurance companies forget that peoples lives are often at stake, and all the companies seems to care about is their own bottom line.

Only in America

--gfo

No comments: