22 January, 2007

Parcells To Retire

It comes as new surprise to me that Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcels has decided to retire from coaching after only four years with the team. In that time he lost two postseason games with the cowboys and had a 34-32 record. He has coached two separate teams to Superbowl wins, The New York Giants on 1986, and the New England Patriots in 1990. His overall coaching record was 183-138-1.

I always like the Parcells as a coach, and I am sure he will be elected to the Hall of Fame. Save for the Cowboys, he had success with most of the teams he coached.

I'd certainly like to see him in one of the network studio's as an analyst. His opinion, candor and experience would be a welcome addition to any of the networks.

Should he decide to do nothing, then I hope he enjoys himself.

Good luck Bill, even though you coached two NFC East rivals, you will always be respected by me.

--gfo

No comments: