17 March, 2007

Working on A Saturday

We are in the process of upgrading our twenty year old (no that is not a typo) accounting system to a state of the system. We have had some introductory training to the system this past week, and for the last few weeks, I have been reading the various manuals that accompany the software.

I was tasked earlier this week with coming up with some templates for our invoices. I have been here nearly two hours, and I still trying to configure the first and simplest one. Boy this is frustrating.

Plus getting here this morning was an adventure in and of itself. We got a snow storm last night, and it made driving into the office interesting, as most of the streets have not been plowed, but they have been salted. Heck I almost couldn't get out of my garage. I initially got stuck when I tried to pull out, but I was able to back up as far as I could then gun the engine and I was able to plow through the snow that had accumulated in front of the garage.

I plan on staying until a little after noon, then heading home.

One thing that is nice, is that I am the only one here, so I can blast my tunes, which makes it a little bit easier to be here. I just hope nobody walks in when I am singing.

I am making progress albeit slowly.

--gfo

No comments: