12 March, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust

Another Eagles free agent is leaving town, WR Donte Stallworth signed a 30 million dollar, six year deal with the New England Patriots. Sure Stallworth had some injury problems early in the year, but he was a great receiver when he played and contributed (38 catches/five touchdowns) a lot to the Eagles this past season.

I can't say that I am happy about Stallworth leaving, I wish they would have kept him. When Stallworth is/was healthy he was productive as I noted above. Reggie Brown looks like he will be the go to guy this year, along with Hank Baskett and Greg Lewis. Jason Avant is developing and will probably see more time this year. They have a couple of other receivers on the roster, but none of them are fully developed or ready to step up to to the big time. I still wish the Eagles would sign and keep a stud receiver. I know receivers don't win games, but having a really good one as a threat helps the other aspects of the offensive game.

The Eagles have already lost, Michael Lewis, Jeff Garcia, and Rod Hood to free agency. Let's hope they don't lose anymore.

--gfo

No comments: