21 March, 2007

Red Means Stop

Yellow means slow down and green means go. Why is this so hard for some drivers to understand. Its amazing the difference in driver's mentality between the suburbs (where I live) and the city (where I work).

I drive into the city every work day, and the amount of near misses between cars and pedestrians is beyond comprehension. I just walked to and from the bank, which is a six block walk, and that walk is an adventure in and above itself. Crossing an intersection, even with the light is at your own risk. People seem to forget that pedestrians have the right of way, or don't really give a crap...probably the latter.

The biggest offender is the damn taxi's. They seem to have no care in the world. I know I am generalizing here, but the multi lane changes, running red lights, and right turns from the left lane, with no regard for others is annoying. I am really surprised that more people aren't injured and/or killed by these reckless drivers.

but I am back in the office now, with a Venti Hot Chocolate from Starbucks® so everything is good now.

--gfo

No comments: