13 March, 2007

Doctor's Visits

Well in the last seven days I have been to three different doctors, and I am happy to report that all is well for the most part. Here is a quick recap:
  • Last Tuesday I was at the Neurologist who has been following me for about nine months for an as of yet undetermined neurological problem. We thought it may have been MS, but all test so far have ruled it out. The doctor doesn't like the way my legs are twitching, as well as my right arm. So he increased the muscle relaxant that I am on, from three times a day, to every three hours (which is sometimes tough to do, so I have my watch(es) set to go off every three hours), and I take ten milligrams of Valium at night. Not sure what is on the agenda for the next visit, but at this point he is trying to treat the symptoms.

  • Last Friday, I saw my cardiologist for my semiannual visit. That visit was uneventful, he kept all the medications that I am taking the same, and encouraged me to keep up my current level of fitness. I honestly can say since I started seeing him about two years ago, my heart problems while still present my condition is pretty stable. It took a couple of years but he was finally able to find the right combination of medications to keep me stable.

  • Today I visit the electrophysiologist office for my quarterly AICD (defibrillator/pacemaker) checkup. They do this to make sure its functioning okay, and to see if there are any problems with the heart that the device picked up. This ¼ there were no problems recorded and the device is functioning okay. Blood pressure was 104/75

So save for the neurology visit/problems things are going well. I am doing consistent mileage on the bike, and for the most part feel pretty good.

--gfo

No comments: