14 July, 2007

A Weekend Off

After being told and subsequently planning to work most of this weekend, it was decided late yesterday by my boss that we have the option to come in this weekend. So, it was an easy decision for me to choose to stay home. Although if I went in, I would have been able to get a lot of work done, because I wouldn't have been interrupted every three minutes by co-workers who aren't as up to speed on our new system as I am, so it would have been productive for me.

The next few weeks are going to be tough though, since now the system is live, and all the data is for the most part accurate (NB: there are some things that are being corrected this weekend so all should be good by Monday morning). I anticipate a lot of stress from my co-workers, and feeling over being overwhelmed by all the questions and my not getting my own work done. I have to be able to manage every thing in a diplomatic way without losing my patience or upsetting others that I work with.

That being said, the onus was on them to get up to speed on things. I made the extra effort so should have they.

I was really wound up when I got home yesterday, mostly because of the near miss with the truck, but with the implementation of the new system going so shitty, a lot of tempers have been short lately. I have been doing a lot of tongue biting of late, I am just wondering how long it will be before I bite it off.

After lunch with the family, I went upstairs and laid down for a little bit, which seemed to help. Then I had a peaceful rest of the day. I am going to try and relax as best I can this weekend, as I am going to need to be as fresh as possible Monday morning.

--gfo

No comments: