23 July, 2007

On The Beach

Saturday night after attending mass, I decided to drive to Egg Harbor Township, NJ, where the rest of my family already was. I had worked in the office until 1400, and decided very early on that morning that I was not going to come in yesterday. So I called the Mrs and told her that I would be down later that night.

I arrived a little after 1900, had some dinner, and caught up on things with the MIL, and my family, then went to bed around 2200

Got out of bed around 1000 the next morning, had a nice big breakfast, then we packed our stuff and headed down to the pristine beaches of Margate, NJ, which is about a ten minute ride from EHT. After parking the car, and walking the ½ mile or so to the beach we unloaded our stuff.

First order of business was for me and the boy to start digging our huge hole's complete with tunnels. He does not like the ocean that much and is content in playing in the sand for the duration.

My daughter on the other hand loves the water, and since I taught her to body surf last year its something her and I try and do together. The water was nice and comfortable although the tides were a little rough.

I tried and split my time between hole digging and swimming, and I think I was able to accomplish both pretty well.

My daughter put sun tan lotion on my back prior to our departure, and by the way my back looks this morning, it looks like she missed some spots (read ½ my back), it looks kind of funny, but at least she made an effort.

Overall it was nice to be away from home and the office even though it was only for a short time.

So today its back to the grind.

--gfo

No comments: