04 July, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I know its a late posting, but I wanted to wish America a Happy Birthday, and especially to all those men and women in our military who are keeping this country safe and cannot be with their own families on this the birthday of our country. May God bless you and keep you safe, as you keep it safe for us.

As for me it was nice to have a day off after working the last nine in a row. I slept until about 1130 today, and only got up because of the parade that was coming up the street, with sirens blaring.

In the afternoon we went to my wife's grandmothers to go swimming, although I did not get in the water, it was a little too cold for me. My kids did get in, they didn't last long. We were going to go to fireworks tonight, but they were cancelled due to lousy weather. Its raining now, in fact it was raining on and off most of the day.

It was real nice to have a day off even though, the weather wasn't cooperative. Most of all it was nice to get some sleep.

--gfo



No comments: