08 July, 2007

Breakfast Today

Was French Toast, bacon, and sausage. This morning, my son did most of the prep work, while I did most of the cooking. He broke the eggs, mixed the batter, and put all the toast on the griddle. I did all the cooking, since he is still a little young (8) to do so.

He did a great job, and was full of pride when everything turned out so well. Plus as a bonus we got to spend some nice time together.

I haven't made breakfast in awhile, as I have been working the last few weekends, and I will be working the next couple. Since I was up early today, I got my bike ride in, and then went out and got the stuff I needed.

I really enjoy cooking breakfast for my family, and its nice to have that together time, which in these busy times don't happen very often

--gfo

No comments: