21 July, 2007

The Sound Of Silence

The wife and kiddies are at the Jersey shore for the weekend, so me and the cat had the house to ourselves last night. I got home around 1430 yesterday, farted around a little bit, then hopped on my bike in the basement and went for a twenty mile ride.

After that, I made a pizza and watched The Departed on DVD, and lounged around for the rest of the night.

Went to bed early, 2130 as I planned on getting up at 0412 this morning to ride the bike, and get into the office by 0600.

I got to thinking while I was in the shower this morning, that it was weird not having anyone in the house, no fighting kids, I could watch whatever I wanted on TV without the worry over it being rated R, ate what I wanted for dinner, and could actually sit down and do absolutely nothing without being an errand boy.

But in the same context it was weird, I really missed everyone.

I will join them later tonight, and spend tomorrow on the beaches of Margate, NJ categorically relaxing.

--gfo

No comments: