16 July, 2007

I Was A Part Of History

Well it took 125 years, but last night the Philadelphia Phillies lost their 10,000th game in franchise history, and the did so in glorious fashion. The Fightin' Phil's (sic) got their asses beat 10-2, the Cardinals hit six home runs, had 15 total hits the Phillies only managed 9 hits and scored their two runs in the bottom of the ninth inning. The Phillies have a total of 8,810 wins, to their loss count

I was actually at the game, my brother called me earlier in the afternoon, and told me he two extra tickets, so me and the boy decided to go. It was a sellout crowd, over 44,000 people were there and the game was on ESPN, along with a lot of the national media to cover this now historic event. While I was obviously hoping for a Phillies win, I thought it would be neat to be their for the historic loss. My brother and I told our boys that this was a monumental game, and while its an embarrassing moment for the franchise, it was interesting to be a part of the crowd.

The Cardinals bats, lit up starter Adam Eaton early and subsequent relievers could do nothing to calm the bats of the Cardinals down. It almost look like the Phillies pitchers were throwing batting practice to the Cardinals.

My brother gave me two of the ticket stubs, I plan on holding on to them for awhile, who knows they may be worth something someday. Because you know there were 44,000+ people at the park last night, and over the course of time, 200,000+ people will say they were there.

and for you trivia buffs out their, Ryan Howard made the last out, in his typical way...he struck out. The pitch was thrown by, Andy Cavazos.

Despite the loss, we had a nice night out with our boys.

--gfo

No comments: