28 July, 2007

On Steroids

Well yesterday, at 1300, the visiting nurse came and administered my first dose of Salu-Medrol via IV. What was supposed to take an hour took almost an hour and forty five minutes. After about an hour and a half the Mrs sped the drip up as it seemed it was taking forever.

For the rest of the day, I had this awful metallic taste in my mouth, that made everything I ate or drank taste awful. It has subsided a little bit today but is still there a little bit.

The children went to the shore with my wife's aunt last night and will not be back until late tomorrow night, so its just me and the Mrs here this weekend. She was supposed to work today but was called off, and she is still scheduled to work tomorrow.

Last night after they kids left, we put the DVD The Departed in the DVD player, and the two of us ate an entire box of Sara Lee cheesecake.

So far I don't feel any different with the steroid infusion, so we'll see how that progresses over the next few days.

--gfo

No comments: