05 April, 2007

Favorite Long Songs

Here is a list of my favorite long songs, in no particular order. To qualify as a long song, it has to be over seven minutes

Interesting, that not too many bands make long songs anymore...gotta love the classics:
  • Thick As A Brick (one of Jethro Tull's best)
  • Suite Judy Blue Eyes, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
  • Voodoo Chile, Stevie Ray Vaughan (from the box set)
  • Mountain Jam, The Allman Brothers Band, (Both the the Eat a Peach and Ludlow Garage Versions)
  • Stranglehold, Ted Nugent
  • Slow Ride, Foghat
  • Green Grass and High Tides, Outlaws
  • Free Bird, Lynard Skynyrd
  • Vicarious, Tool (a great song that is only a year or so old)
  • In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, The Allman Brothers Band (Fillmore East)
  • Do You Feel Like I Do, Peter Frampton
  • Onda, Los Lonely Boys
  • Stairway to Heaven, Led Zep
  • Layla, Derek and The Dominos
  • One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer, George Thorogood
  • The Core, Eric Clapton
  • I'm A Man, Chicago
  • Beginnings, Chicago

I have seen the Allman Brothers live four times, and they are the king of the jam, so that explains why they are on the list so much.

Some great tunes there, I am sure I missed a few, but these are all in my collection

--gfo

No comments: