09 May, 2007

The Philly Mayoral Race

Whomever wins the democratic primary next Tuesday is all but assured of being the next mayor, as the Republican party in this city is virtually non-existent. Former city councilman Michael Nutter is currently leading in all the polls, and is getting a lot of the endorsements from the local media outlets.

Although I can't vote in the election, because I am not a city resident, I work here, so the next mayor of this city is important to me.

Nutter has been my choice from the beginning (if I was able to make one). The fact that he doesn't get along with the current administration, and seems to have some visions for this city, is a big reason. The other guys running are all heavily connected or owned by others, who would only use the office to help out friends, and payback favors

The out of control murder rate, being one of the biggest challenges, should be the first thing that the new mayor takes on.

Anyone will be better than the stiff they have in there now. How he has not been indicted is beyond me

--gfo

No comments: