08 November, 2006

Election 2006: My Comments

The election is now over, here is my analysis:

Pennsylvania Senate:
I voted for Bob Casey. Though I liked Senator Santorum, I felt it was time for a change. Bob Casey, Jr. seemed to be a good candidate, and he earned my vote, although it wasn't until I got into the voting booth that I made my final decision

Pennsylvania Governor:
I supported Ed Rendell. He has done a great job with the state, and deserved to be re-elected. Another thing, the Republican party putting up Lynn Swann, who has never held an elected office. I guess the State GOP wasn't real interested in the governor's office this year.

Pennsylvania 7th Congressional:
I voted for Curt Weldon. Congressman Weldon, a ten term incumbent has been very good to this area. Especially the local fire service, to which I am eternally grateful. It was sad to see him lose last night. I hope Congressman Elect Sestak, can do as good a job as Mr. Weldon has done for this district. Mr Sestak you have big shoes to fill, you won, now let's see what you can do.

Thank you Mr. Weldon for you years of tireless service to the citizens of this district. You did a great job.

Pennsylvania 162nd State Representative:
I voted for Ron Raymond. He has done a lot of good for this area, and as long as he runs he will have my support.

Nationally:
The democrats now have control of the US House. Let's see if all the virile rhetoric they were spewing was all talk or if they will actually do some good. You guys are now in control, and will now be under the microscope. Let's see some action, not just talk

--gfo

No comments: