19 November, 2007

Trying It Again Tonight

After a very disappointing cycling ride last night, only managed, 4.34 miles, (average for me is 13+). I plan to hop back on the bike tonight, and hopefully manage at least ten miles, 13 would be ideal. I could tell right away that it wasn't going to be a good ride. My legs felt heavy, and I felt tired right from the get go. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes for me to get loose and get my legs ready, but yesterday morning the old legs weren't having any parts of it.

That was the shortest distance I have ever ridden, since I have been riding the bike. Even my average speed was well below par for me. Sometimes if I preserve, I can at least get eight to ten miles out of my self, but it just wasn't happening yesterday morning.

Normally, I would get real discourage, and typically more disgusted with myself, but I seemed to take it all in good stride yesterday. Kind of shaking it off to a short night of sleep, due to having to get up earlier than normal to take my oldest to a girl scout function.

Although, the inconsistencies have been more prevalent of late, and I don't know if its a matter of timing, or part of what is ailing me. Yesterday morning, I seem to feel fine, I had been up for almost two hours before heading downstairs, so in thinking about it, the ride should not have been a problem.

Let's see how tonight goes, and maybe I will crank out a nice ride...

--gfo

No comments: