23 November, 2007

iPod Music Library Update

I spent most of this evening adding some more songs to iTunes, and specifically organizing playlist by decade. It took me about three hours to go through my library and update the songs that were missing years, plus in doing so, I also updated other relative information as needed.

Here is my breakdown:
  • 1960's and older: 23 songs
  • 1970's: 272 songs
  • 1980's: 348 songs
  • 1990's: 571 songs
  • 2000's: 235 songs

The artist that I have the most of are, The Allman Brothers Band, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Eric Clapton.

I was actually surprised that my 90's number was as high as it was. Granted some of those are greatest hits albums or compilations that were released during that decade. I thought for sure most of my music would be from the 70's and 80's. That being said. The Allman Brothers, and Eric Clapton box set's counted as 90's and 80's respectively, even though most of their songs were from the 70's, so the there is some skewed numbers right there.

As of my last sync I still have 21.60 GB of space left, with 1425 songs, about five pod cast, and all of my pictures from my hard drive, (almost 800 MB). Its amazing how much music you can get on this thing, and I have barely touched my memory. I don't think I will ever fill this thing up. I even have most of my CD collection on my hard drive and subsequently my iPod.

--gfo

No comments: