13 November, 2007

Guess That Was A Bad Idea

I noticed the oil was a little low in my car, so I stopped at Auto Zone and picked up a couple of quarts. When I got home, I started to add them. The way my funnel is, I usually end up spilling a little bit on the manifold. After I added my second quart, all of the sudden I noticed a small fire. I quick ran up and grabbed the extinguisher, with the boy's assistance, ran back down stairs and with a quick squirt the fire was out. Lucky for me, there was no damage to the car and it still runs.

I should add that this all occurred my garage. We have quite a lot of smoke, and the house still smells a lot like burnt oil. So It could have been a real disaster.

Guess my fire training and ability not to panic in a crisis averted what could have been disastrous.

--gfo

No comments: