14 November, 2007

Letter To The Editor

A few weeks ago, during the final days of the Philadelphia Mayoral election, now Mayor-Elect Michael Nutter published a full page ad, basically blaming President Bush for all that is wrong in Philadelphia.

So that afternoon, 02 November, I fired off an email to the Philadelphia Daily News, and received a call later that day that it would be published. The election came and went and the letter went unpublished. Checking on line as I do every morning, I found that my letter was finally published.

My point was that this city has been run by the Democratic machine for many generations, and to me, the local problems, are not a national issue but a local one. If you want to bring party politics into it, perhaps, they need to look into the mirror.

Here is the letter...

--gfo

No comments: