06 November, 2007

Election Day 2007

Well even though its an off year, and turn will most likely be suckier than normal, today is election. Time for those that give a shit to let their voices be heard.

I am proud to say, that since I have been eligible to vote I have only missed one election, and that was a primary, due to the birth of my oldest daughter. I have never missed a general election.

Some pretty competitive local races that are being closely watched, especially in my hometown, where a lot of mudslinging has occurred.

Its sad that voter turnout in the country is as abysmal as it is. I would bet good money that a lot of folks that complain the loudest don't vote. Its one of the foundations of this country, and its what makes our government what it is today. Also its probably the only day the politicians truly care about their constituents, since their livelihood is on the line, ergo what they really want is your vote.

I generally don't vote the party line. I stick to the candidates and the issues. I ignore all the negative bullshit that they say about each other and let the issues vet themselves out. To me, its only about the issues, the stuff doesn't matter.

If you don't vote, don't bitch.

--gfo

No comments: