16 October, 2006

The Do Not Call List

I find it convenient that when this great piece of legislation was written that the politicians forgot to include political related phone calls as part of the bill. This time of year it is real annoyinng to answer the phone, from an unavailable or private name/number only to have it be a tape recording of some big shot democrat or republican pitching for one of the races of interest here the Keystone State. In the last couple of weeks, I have heard from, albeit via tape recording from:
  • Ed Rendell
  • Bill Clinton
  • John McCain
  • Laura Bush
  • George Bush

Phone rings, hello, hello, finally the computer rolls the tape, and the message begins. I usually wait about eight seconds before I hang up, and that's only because I want to see who is calling me. The best is when I check my voice mail when I get home, and the message is cut off at the beginning.

I honestly don't think that these calls make a darn bit of difference nor do will they change who I am voting. I don't care who says that I should vote XX candidate, most of those folks could care less nor do they have any stake in what happens here in PA, with the exception of Governor Rendell, who is pitching for the seventh district Congressional candidate.

I really despise this time of the year, all the negative ads on TV, phone calls, and junk mail/email, and the best part is that most of the time they want money too. I may just give money to the candidates NOT to call me or send me any crap in the mail

The first candidate the says he/she will amend the do not call list to include election phone calls gets my vote

--gfo

No comments: