28 October, 2007

Well That Sucked

I hopped on the bike this morning, and I knew from the get go that it was going to be a tough ride. Normally I average in the 21-23 MPH range, but this morning, I was only able to spin it up to about 20.7 MPH average. My legs felt heavy, and I was very tired. I thought I had a pretty good nights sleep too.

After about 6 miles I decided to surcease and call it a day. As fastidious a cyclist I am, I was thoroughly disgusted with myself at such a lackluster performance. In the last week, I have had no problems with fatigue at all, in fact, I spun out two 15+ milers, and one 17+ miler.

When I feel like that, I at least try to make a better effort. I was going to try at least get ten miles in, then, eight. Once I hit the six mile mark, I knew I had hit my limit, and that pushing on would be pointless.

I guess tomorrow is another day.

--gfo

No comments: