12 October, 2007

Rest In Peace Mr. Hall


Was looking through The Philadelphia Daily News today, when I noticed that a man that I met only once, but made a real impact on my life passed away.

Mr Hall served on the Aircraft Carried USS Monterey (CVL-26) during World War II, and was shipmates with former President Gerald Ford. Mr Hall and Ford maintained a life long correspondence after the war, and Mr. Hall spoke of the letter's he received from President Ford while the President was in office.

Although I only spent one day with Mr. Hall, he was very gracious with his time, and answered a lot of my questions, and was a pleasure to spend time with.

Above is a candid shot of Mr. Hall at the WWII memorial in Washington D.C, taken about 2½ years ago.

Rest in Peace Mr. Hall, and most importantly thank you for yours service to this great nation.

picture from my personal collection

--gfo

No comments: