19 October, 2007

One Of The Dumbest Ideas...Ever

The city of San Francisco is considering opening the nation's first legal safe-injection room (my emphasis) for heroin, cocaine and other drug users, which will be supervised by a nurse.

I can't believe this is even being considered, although it doesn't surprise me when you consider that its in San Francisco.

Not only is this a bad idea, but they would be breaking the law by allowing drug use, and I am sure that the nurses that would supervise said injections could risk losing their license.

The fact that an employee of the city would even float the idea under the guise that its a public health issue is even more asinine.

I hope that a facility such as this never becomes reality, and is only some jackasses idea of solving the overdose and drug problem, because if it does, I can only imagine what the people in San Francisco will want next.

--gfo

No comments: