02 December, 2006

The Christmas Lights

Went up yesterday, a day earlier than planned. When I picked the kids up from school yesterday, they asked me to if we could. I still have to have to put the outdoor one's up, it was raining last night, so I opted not to do it. Its sunny and cold today so I will put them out later this afternoon. The outdoor ones are the big C7 and C9 lights, so I have to be real careful putting them up otherwise they break very easily.

My daughter put all the decorations and stockings up. The boy put one thumbtack in one strand of lights and got bored and decided to play with his matchboxes.

It took me about 1½ hours to get all the lights up, most of that time was untangling them. Every year when I take them down, I think I have them nice and neat, and every year it takes me awhile to untangle them.

We still need to get our tree and decorate that. We will get that in a week or so, but at least our lights are up

So, that job is done, some of the shopping is started, and its finally cold here in the Philly area, so its beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas.


--gfo

No comments: