03 December, 2006

Army Navy 2006

Well another Army Navy game is in the books with the Navy squeaking out a win this year 26-14

This is usually the one college game I always try and watch every year, although this year I saw parts of almost all the Notre Dame games. Since I am from the Philly area most of the games are played here, so its always nice to see our city get the national spotlight in this tradition filled contest. The game was played at Lincoln Financial Field home of the Philadelphia Eagles. One of these years, I'd like to actually get to a game and be a part of this great rivalry

Navy leads the series 51-49-7

I was expecting the Navy to blow out the Army, heck the point spread was giving Army 23 points, but the Black Knights kept this one close and made it an interesting game. I have always been a big fan of the Navy's option offense even though I am an Army fan.

In a few short months all of these men will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants or Ensigns and begin careers as military officers. What a better foundation to teach leadership, teamwork, and dedication than on the football field.

Well done men, and although I was rooting for the Army, it turned out to be an exciting game.

--gfo

No comments: