08 September, 2008

An Open Post To The DNC, RNC, and All Other PAC's

Enough of the attack ad's, he said, she said, and finger pointing. I want to hear and read about substance and what your plans are to move this country forward, and what your candidates stand for, what they are against, what they are going to do if elected.

I don't give a shit about, how much, or how little experience the candidates have to say about each other, or how many houses they may or may not own, if their spouse is a good dancer, speaker, parent, etc.

Substance, is what I want to hear about. Give me an idea of who you are, what you want to do, what you don't want to do. Foreign and domestic policy, taxes, gas prices. I'd also like to see a candidate that does not say what they think people want to hear, and I'd also like to see a candidate that isn't in bed with its party, big donors, and special interest. You work for and are elected by the people. Sometimes politicians forget that.

I know I am just some forty something working middles class schmuck from suburban Philadelphia, who has this tiny blog that post's on a variety of subjects, that not to many people read, but I felt the need to get this message out.

Now I feel better

--gfo

1 comment:

mike said...

We have entered into what I call a Political Labyrinth. In essence a maze if you will of unpalatable language (political speak) better used for confusing people than educating them. In a time where we need clarity from our leaders we are only getting empty rhetoric. Go BIRDS!!