21 March, 2008

Philadelphia Auto Show 2008

Another late post (about six weeks to be exact), in what is becoming a yearly tradition at the Cappy abode, is a boy's day out at the Pennsylvania Convention to view the annual Philadelphia Auto Show. This year we were accompanied by my brother in law who also happens to be a car nut like the boy and me.

The highlight of the show for me, was seeing the Mustang Bullitt, here is picture of the badge on the back of the car. This car is beautiful, and I was glad to actually see one in person, since there will only be a limited number produced, and it will probably be my only opportunity to see one up close and personal The Philly show had plenty of mustang's this year, and here is a great picture of the boy and I in front of one.

and here is one with my BIL and the boy in front of one of the new Jeep's (he is a Jeep nut)



The highlight of the show was seeing the new Dodge Challenger which is set to go on sale later this year. The car was partitioned off, and this was as close as I could get to the car, but what a beauty it is. Dodge should have lots of success with this car once it goes on sale.


We spent about five hours walking through the various hall's and staring, gawking, drooling, etc at the car's that were on display. It was a fun day for the three of us. I took over seventy pictures, and was quite tired after all that walking. I always enjoy getting a chance to view the different cars, from the $13,000.00 Smart Car to the $250,000.00+ Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Maserati's

I am befuddled as to why the automotive press ignores this show every year, and that the auto makers, don't make more of an effort to make this a bigger event. From what I hear, over 250,000 people visit this event every year. Philadelphia is a big market, and they day we were there, it was jam packed with people of all ages. Of course my usual complaint was the price of concessions, which is typical of any Philadelphia run event no matter what the venue. Why they charge so much for food, and drinks is beyond me. Aramark must have made a killing during the duration of the auto show

It was a nice day out, and for $10.00/person, you definitely get a bang for your buck.

pictures from my personal collection

--gfo

No comments: