25 March, 2008

New Cell Phones For All

Well after over two years of having the same cell phone, I decided to upgrade. My old phone worked fine, but I was eligible for a free one, through Verizon Wireless so I decided to take advantage of the offer. I decided to go with a Samsung Aliastmu740. I liked this phone, because you could flip it open in a landscape mode, and it has a full QWERTY keyboard. I has a camera and video recorder and is capable of getting the VZW V Cast and Navigator. One of my favorite features is the Bluetooth. Sure its geeky looking, but the convenience of not having a wire for the headset is great. I have had the bluetooth for about for a week, and I really like it.

Since I upgraded my phone, I got one for the Mrs and we caved and got one for our 11 year old. For them I got the Samsung SCH-u340. The Mrs is still getting used to text messaging. Our daughter had no problem getting the hang of it, and is getting quite good at it...gulp.

So everyone save for the boy has a new phone, and is enjoying it.

The decision to get our daughter a phone was one that we thought through for awhile. We will keep an eye on her usage especially the text messaging. Since she is getting older we felt it was a good time for her to have one, especially now that she is going out more. Hopefully she will be responsible with it. She did go through a period when she first got it that she was calling and texting everyone, which I expected her to do, but now the newness has worn off, and she is using it as we expect her to.

--gfo

No comments: