25 September, 2007

Behold The Power of Chicken

Its amazing the kind of meal you can create with what one pound of chicken breast (or boobs as I like to call them), and assorted ingredients which are readily at your disposal. A little bit of this, and that and presto, you have an ambrosial meal.

Last night I had some time to tinker with dinner as we had no where to be, so time was working against us. I pulled out the chicken from the freezer, and popped it in the microwave, and while it was defrosting, started ruminating as to what to make. Shake and Bake was out since we didn't have any. Then I saw a box of Bisquick, looked on the back of the package and saw something interesting.

As usual when I cook, I modify the ingredients to tweak it a little, and use the recipe as more of a guideline, but for the most part, most of my chicken meals are ad-hoc.

So, I added a mélange of ingredients, and for good measure sprinkled some cheese on top, since if all else fails, the cheese will make the meal.

I added some twice baked potatoes (pre-made), and frozen corn, and presto the meal was done.

I had no idea what to call it, or even if I would remember how to make it again, but the members of my dining party were quite impressed with the meal, and we managed to get through sans any complaints about what we were/were not having.

A rare sit down lackadaisical dinner, with no interruptions, or deadlines, a rare but enjoyable occasion.

--gfo

No comments: