09 December, 2007

Eagles 13 Giants 16

Well the Eagles blew another one here at the Linc, therefore securing them a seat at their homes watching the playoff instead of playing in them.

I must say this has been a very disappointing season, with the exception of the play of Brian Westbrook is having one hell of a year, and if it wasn't for some stellar performances by him, the team would probably have a few more losses than wins. While his numbers today were still impressive, (116 rushing yards on 20 carries, and 38 receiving yards on five catches including the Eagles only touchdown), he did have a costly fumble, I believe it was his first in over 500 touches, which is an incredible feat considering how often he gets the ball.

QB Donovan McNabb returned to the starting role after being out for two weeks. His numbers sucked, 20/30 only 179 yards, but most importantly no interceptions.

I missed most of the first ½ and part of the third quarter since we were at my daughters basketball game. Looks like I missed the most productive and exciting part of the game.

The defense looked so-so, holding Manning to 219 yards and one touchdown and keeping the running game in check.

I think its time to bring rookie Kevin Kolb in and give him chance at running things. He couldn't do any worse than McNabb or Feeley.

I think a major overhaul is needed, and I hope management addresses this in the off season. Eagles fans aren't used to this, and are tired of lip service and canned responses from the coach and ownership.

Its time for action not lip service.

--gfo

No comments: